ACORD Messaging Standard (1.5.1)

May 15, 2008 at 10:57 AM
Hi,

I have been excitedly looking though the downloads. Its solved a couple of things I was stuck on.

A question though.

As far as I understood, this solution does not comply with the Acord messaging standard. I thought the service interface was to provide only 4 methods (CALL, PING, INBOX and OUTBOX). The messages were to be passed in MIME envelopes with messages (i.e. CallRq, PingRq) to be passed in the first part of the envelope and then the business message (i.e. CommlPropertyPolicyModRq etc) to be passed as an attachment. I note you have used mtom, but not as I envisioned it. Have I got the wrong end of the stick? I could provide another service interface layer to provide the CALL method and pass the stripped message onto the layers provided in this framework.

Thanks....
May 15, 2008 at 5:00 PM
It looks to me like they have implemented the Life & Annuity and Property & Casualty standards, but not the AcordMsgSvc or the DRI standards.  This is a good start, but interoperability will be difficult.

Maybe we're both missing something?

Ross.
May 16, 2008 at 2:48 PM
Edited May 19, 2008 at 7:49 AM
Oops, double post.  Sorry.
Coordinator
May 17, 2008 at 5:36 AM
Hi folks.  Correct, we haven't done anything yet with the DRI standard yet.  However we would love to add support for it, and that's part of the intention of this codeplex *community* effort -- that is to collectively build on what's here and evolve excellent .Net platform support for ACORD standards.  Thanks.

Colin Cole